вівторок, 3 лютого 2015 р.

On the move

     

 My dear Victoria!

    Last days, enjoying a relaxing holiday with my family, I had chanced to look through our old photos. How I miss our old good days. It was time, when we did not have to apply for a visa; we did not even have a visa planing a trip overseas, only a valid passport. Unfortunately, the length of our trips, that we could afford, lasts the whole life and was called a migration.     

   The war was declared when I was 10 and my father, being in a tight corner, made a decision to flee from it. We found numerous refugees as we were, because people were not given an asylum. Prejudiced people from ethnic minority joined us and we left our native country, Italy. Refugees were flooding the USA. There were no airplanes, helicopters or yachts. We had to move by passenger trawler.


   

          Having arrived to New York, according to the stereotype, we felt culture shock and strong desire to go back. In addition, in Ellis Island, eye man investigated us. So, we were asked not to show any illnesses. Nevertheless, we did not feel animosity to inhabitants and tried to live in peace with them. We had strong faith in better future and were ready to stand all difficult circumstances. Moreover, needless to mention your donation and assisting in all branches of our new lives.  You helped us to find our apartment, helped with luggage. Your father has a work shop and having got accustomed to a new house, we helped him with his work. Do you remember? I cant forget our lazing around old cobbled streets. New York was stunning and vibrant city and architecture was remarkably diverse. It had its unique charm. Sometimes, when we wanted to get away from it all, we climbed on the hill and observed this thriving city. And at the evenings washed clothes.
          As far as my brothers concerned, they went to school as well as yours. We often played games on the street or went to Nekelodeon (I adored Charley Chaplin).
         We had magnificent adolescence. Thank you for participating in my life at that difficult for me time.Yours faithfully,Rosalia




Немає коментарів:

Дописати коментар